DAY OF TREATMENT
1. Before the LASIK procedure begins, you will meet with a Crown Laser Center LASIK specialist to review the procedure and fill out paper work.
2. You will be taken into an examination room where the doctor will numb your eyes with an anesthetic drop.
3. You will be assisted to the surgery room where an instrument known as an eyelid speculum, is then positioned to hold your eyelid open.
4. The excimer laser is then used to remove a predetermined amount of tissue from the inner cornea to correct the refractive error.
5. While the laser reshapes the cornea, you will be asked to look at a target light. This procedure lasts only seconds to minutes, depending on the amount of correction necessary.
6. At the end of the procedure you will be given additional eye drops and your eyes may be shielded for protection. Your vision may be a bit blurry at first, so you will need to have someone drive you home. Once at home, just relax. Reasonably normal vision can be expected within 24 hours, but the full effects of the LASIK procedure may not be achieved for several weeks.